Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2006 Bowman Heritage - Lance Broadway

You know I couldn't keep away from the White Sox cards for long. I got this 2006 Bowman Heritage card of Lance Broadway in a trade with Wax Heaven. It was a great addition to the trade on Mario's part. I was very happy with the trade, to say the least.

Lance has a huge upside for the White Sox. He has made the most of his major league chances. He is 1-1 with a 0.87 ERA in 4 games with 14 strikeouts, 5 walks and 5 hits allowed in 10.1 innings pitched.

The most surprising thing I learned about Lance was that before the White Sox drafted him, he threw 2 no-hitters while attending Dallas Baptist University. That sounds like a promising start. He might make the White Sox rotation in 2009, but there's still an outside chance that he'll make it in 2008.

1 comment:

Wax Heaven said...

I didn't even know much about him. From the pic I assumed he was a hitter. Good info. Thanks!