Saturday, January 19, 2008

2007 Allen & Ginter Relic - Carl Crawford

I finally did get that box of Allen & Ginter last year, but I bought it off of eBay. I had to wait a little longer than I wanted to, but I paid much less than I would at the card shops. The waiting was killing me. Especially, when one of the guys who beat me to the Allen & Ginter boxes at the friendly card shop pulled out a Bruce Lee belt relic which sold for just shy of $300.

My first pull from the Allen & Ginter release was from a pack that I bought at the unfriendly card shop. It was a Barry Zito relic. Nothing spectacular and his career had already peaked by that point.

The first pull from the box was this Carl Crawford relic. The relic itself is not that remarkable, but the card and the frame that surrounds it looks outstanding!

This was a wonderful idea for a relic design. It looks like it would have come from the original set as a redemption or something. This card is sharp! It also helps that I like Carl Crawford. I was really hoping the White Sox would somehow wrangle him away from the Rays. I'd be comfortable with Carl Crawford patrolling center field.

I'm very happy with this pull. It's a great looking card of a great player. The frame makes this card. If it weren't for the multi-colored palm leaves and linear framing, this could have been a very boring card. This just proves, once again, that Allen & Ginter is one of the most pleasing and consistent card releases of 2007.

No comments: